Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Geez..... glad I have an insight. 8) With heating oil consumption comming online, I think $4.00/gallon will be the price in the next 6-8 weeks. I guess sooner or later we all pay for the gaz guzzling. I sure would hate to own an SUV about now!

Peace
Jon

·
Registered
35 Posts
While I see prices going up I don't see them hitting $4.00 per gallon anytime soon absent another hurricane or some political incident in the Middle East.

Our most recent spate of gas prices has more to do with lack of refinery capacity than with oil production. The margin between what is refined and what is used in the world has shrunk to around 1 million barrels per day. When refinery capacity is lost because of natural diasters (like Katrina) or political upheaval the margin shrinks and supply gets tighter; thus, prices increase.

I believe that prices will increase another $.10-$.15 per gallon at the pump and then drop off slightly once refinery capability in the Gulf of Mexico is restored. In the meantime, enjoy your Insight! I know I am! 8)

·
Registered
569 Posts
$3.50 at a couple stations in Sterling and Leesburg, VA.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Now that gas prices are on the rise I'm getting a lot more questions about Insight mileage. I wonder if Insights, Prius', and HCH's will start to become targeted by car thieves?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Went up about .20 overnight here. Phoenix is not $2.99 for unleaded average. There was one station still at $2.79 this evening and there was a line out to the street for it.

My electric conversion should be running just in time. :D

I know there was an online sports betting site or two that were taking up to $500 bets on whether or not gas would hit $3 a gallon in LA or New York by the end of the year, guess I should have taken that bet.

G

·
0 Posts
Think yourselves lucky, it's reached the equivalent of $7.59 (£4.22) a gallon here. Will soon be $8.20 (yes that's £1 or $1.8 a litre).

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's at $3.29 around Raleigh now and I'd planned to go visit my girlfriend in Atlanta this weekend, where she tells me all the stations near her are sold out. I think I'm going to have to fill up in SC on the way down. On a side note I just checked my tire pressure for the trip down and I found out that that my dealer droped them to 22 all around after my recent recall work. I upped them to 40 and its getting much better milage now.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I got gas yesterday morning for $2.69 and on way home from work it was $2.99...saved about $3....It's amazing how many people now ask about my Insight where a year ago nobody gave it a second look. I have people pulling up at stoplights in BIG SUV's asking if I want to trade....It's also funny how many people have no idea how a hybrid operates...."Where do you plug it in?"....."How long does it take to charge?"..."How often do you have to change the batteries?" It's also nice thinking back when I bought my 02 leftover for $6k under sticker...I'd be surprised if you could even get a hybrid for MSRP nowdays....$4 gallon?......Bring it on!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Gas went up to about $3.19 per gallon in Lincoln last night (Wed) and is still selling outside of the city for $2.99 per gallon. I work in a small town and have noticed that my Insight's been getting a lot of glances lately. I stopped at the store the other day and came out to see a crowd of kids gathered around the car looking inside the windows. On those few occasions that I have to stop and buy gas these days I get a lot of compliments from other customers who invariably end up spending about 3 times as much (or more) as I do.

Now if only my wife would come around to liking the car. :(

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Here in Canada, @ $1.23 it costs 50 dollars to fill the Insight. At about $4.00 US equivalent, some folk are still driving like their trunk is on fire, but others are offering to trade cars with me or asking where they can get one. :wink:

·
Registered
348 Posts
No better news over here. 1,42 Euros for a litre of fuel (premium). Regular about 1,40.......

[Moderator Edit]

I'm so blo*** angry !
:roll:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The mainstream press is also critisizing Bush.....

[Moderator Edit (post relating to edited section above)]

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wow

Here is San Diego it went from 2.72 to 2.89 the last two days. I suprised they haven't raised the prices more. SD usually has the award for the nation's highest gas prices.

I've heard reports of wholesale gas going for $3/gallon. Which after CA taxes and company profit/shipping are factored in $4 doesn't seem unbelievible/unreachable. Still better than most other countries excpet Venezuela, I hear its like a dime a galloon there... how about we have someone go to stations there and mail us back gas (wow great idea huh :twisted: ).

I've been asked by so many people about Hybrids too. My car value has increased since I bought it including the 18k miles I've put on it. I dont plan on selling it because I rely on it too much. Talk about a timely purchase just a mere 10 months ago.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ran out in multiple stations

3 of the first 4 stations I came to on the way to work today were OUT of everything. First station open was out of regular, and cost me $24.30 for 7.3 gallons of 'midrange'. Saw one tanker filling a station, and several more stations roped off, out of gas. Most that were open had sacks over the 'regular' pump handles.
Incedents like this are preciesly why I always keep all my vehicles at least 1/2 full at all times. Before I got the Insight, my Jeep never went below 1/2. Now that things are really getting crazy, it's the same with the Insight, too. Things ain't been this whacko since the '70's embargo shortages.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's at $3.29 around Raleigh now and I'd planned to go visit my girlfriend in Atlanta this weekend, where she tells me all the stations near her are sold out. I think I'm going to have to fill up in SC on the way down.
Rex, I was up your way today, in Chapel Hill. On my way up from Charlotte I saw several opportunites to purchase gasoline, with no lines, and even several opportunities to purchase gasoline when I arrived back in Charlotte this evening.

My wife is in SC right now (Pageland, if you know where that is) and she says there are no lines at stations and the gasoline is less expensive than in Charlotte. Hopefully all goes well with your plans to fill up in SC. [/quote]

·
Registered
344 Posts
Must be "GOUGING" going on here in Harrisburg, IL $2.99 yesterday and $3.69 today. One convienence store is at $3.29 and cars are backed up down the street. The same convience store in a nearby town is sold out.
MIMA/PIMA should be in my mail tomorrow.
I'm ready for it!

G

·
0 Posts
That's it chaps, it went up to £4.54 a gallon overnight here in the UK, that equates to a whopping $8.20 ish.

You guys should stop moaning.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Drove to SC yesterday. Saw plenty of gas in the 3.29 to 3.50 range. The cheapest I saw was 2.99. The interesting part is that the pipeline is only providing limited service to the SE so I have seen quite a few stations that are out of gas. I think this is scaring some toward keeping their tanks toped off which creates a problem in the distribution side. My wife mentioned that Atlanta has some real high prices, long lines and gas stations that have run dry. Have fun, Rick

1 - 20 of 49 Posts