Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the mpg of all years of the insights. It seems like they are all the same, about 53 mpg average, however, the 2001 is the only year that it says it is about 47 mpg. Not much difference but I was wondering is there actually a difference between the different years of the insight?

I'm in the market to get a 2000-2002 Insight for 7-8K and around 100K miles. I can't wait to find one.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
There are some small differences between the years, but not much. I think there are some details in the Knowledge Base located at the top of your screen.

·
Registered
99 Posts
From looking at the info at fueleconomy.gov, I believe that you are confusing the mpg of the automatic and the manual.

The manual is rated at 52mpg for 2006-2004 and 53mpg for 2003-2000. The automatic version is consistently rated at 47mpg for all the years.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I drive cross country in my 2001 Insight (manual tranny) regularly, and average between 54 and 60 MPG across over 1700 miles per trip. This includes all manner of terrain including steep mountain passes and random hilly or flat roads.

Running 85 or 87 octane fuel depending on what is cheapest in the area. (85 is for higher altitudes)

Running Nokian RSI snow/ice tires at whatever the Tire Factory set their PSI at... I guess I should play with the tire PSI, but haven't bothered yet. :)

I haven't looked into the radiator block panel people talk about making yet, the car was getting plenty hot enough to auto-shut down at idle, not sure if the lean burn mode needs more than that in winter or not.

-Shawn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts