Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a 1400 mile trip over the weekend up through West Virginia (lots of altitude changes). Shortly before I arrived at my destination, I noticed some of the pixels on the IMA charge/assist and battery gauge indicators were illuminated (I can't tell if the LCD's hide or illuminate the increments). On the trip back, more pixels filled in and the middle portion of the charge/assist gauge is illegible now.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Sounds very strange, but I'm not sure if I understand what you are seeing. Can you post a small (smaller than 450px by 450px) picture?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Does it look like there is any liquid in there? LCD displays can leak, and unfortunately yours wouldn't be the first to do so.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
They can rupture and leak. Althoug hI agree with Tim here, we need a picture to say for sure.

·
Registered
569 Posts
rmgill said:
I took a 1400 mile trip over the weekend up through West Virginia (lots of altitude changes). Shortly before I arrived at my destination, I noticed some of the pixels on the IMA charge/assist and battery gauge indicators were illuminated (I can't tell if the LCD's hide or illuminate the increments). On the trip back, more pixels filled in and the middle portion of the charge/assist gauge is illegible now.

Any ideas?
I have had the same problem for over a year now. It's not so bad that I can't deal with it, unless it starts to get worse. Honda can replace the indicators, but they have to replace the whole instrument display.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know that I'll be able to get a photo with the right contrast. I noticed today that if there's bright light, the area of damage certainly bleeds outside of the gauges themselves. It's more like there's mold or some bacterial colonies there eating up the black coating under the 2nd layer of the display. The first being the clear sheet.

Looks like I'll have a new set of gauges soon. Hopefully its covered under warranty.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Factory warranty should cover it. Just make sure they order you the new gague cluster with the proper mileage pre programmed in to it! The Mileage is stored in the gage clsuter memory. Don't hold me to this, but I've been told they can program a new cluster with your proper odometer mileage in it. This way you don't have to have a not actual miles title.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts