Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently informed by GazMatic, the manufacturer of the rear shocks we sell, that there will be a price increase coming at the beginning of the year for all new orders. Coupled with the new FedEx rates going into effect January 2nd, will result in a $20 per pair price increase starting in January.

The current price for the Gaz Shocks is $235 per pair shipped anywhere in the US. The new price starting in January will be $255. Either price is still a great value compared to the overpriced stock shocks, especially when you consider that these are high quality adjustable shocks.

If you have been thinking of upgrading or will be needing new rear shocks in the near future, now would be the time to place your order. Order today and lock in 2016 pricing.

We just got a shipment of shocks in last week which are already selling rapidly. We are in the process of placing a large order prior to the end of the year. You should act quickly to secure an in-stock set if you want them in time for the holidays. Once these sell out we will be accepting pre-orders for the upcoming batch at the original 2016 price.

Pair these new shocks with our upgraded rear springs for an amazing improvement over stock. As a special bonus to IC members, we will be offering a discount of $10 to those who order both rear springs AND rear shocks in the same order (will ship together). Just enter “Insight” (without quotes) in the coupon box during checkout.

Links to order:

Shocks - Gazmatic Rear Shocks

Springs - Rear Springs

·
3,641 Posts
This is a great mod for any Insight.

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely one of the better upgrades.

Getting very low on the current order of shocks - 3 pair as of this morning.

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI - when we ship the shocks we pre-set them for adjustment #13. This starts out a little stiffer than OEM but over a couple of months they wear in to be about right. Of course you can adjust to whatever setting you prefer.

To set, turn fully counter-clockwise until it stops, then count clicks going clockwise.

Counter-clockwise = softer
Clockwise = stiffer

Dont forget Scott's (klr3cyl) video of the spring install. Very good info. Basically if you follow this video all that is left is to remove the upper two 14mm bolts and swap the shock.

https://youtu.be/UC7VYTnGrig

·
Registered
7 Posts
FYI - when we ship the shocks we pre-set them for adjustment #13. This starts out a little stiffer than OEM but over a couple of months they wear in to be about right. Of course you can adjust to whatever setting you prefer.

To set, turn fully counter-clockwise until it stops, then count clicks going clockwise.

Counter-clockwise = softer
Clockwise = stiffer

Dont forget Scott's (klr3cyl) video of the spring install. Very good info. Basically if you follow this video all that is left is to remove the upper two 14mm bolts and swap the shock.

https://youtu.be/UC7VYTnGrig
Thanks for the info. I got everything all swapped out last night. Went very smooth thanks to the write-up and other tidbits from everyone. I found the info on the between 12 - 14 clicks setting for the GAZ shocks as well and the Insight feels SO much better with these new springs and shocks. Thanks again!

Only bad part is it accentuates how bad the front struts are, but new ones are enroute and will most likely get swapped out over the weekend.

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
We typically ship by USPS Priority mail either the same or next day. So, 2 to 5 business days would be typical from order to delivery.

If you are close to Covina, CA, reach out to Scott (username: klr3cyl). He may have everything in stock for installation (or possibly pickup, but talk to him to verify).

I have very few pair of shocks in stock at the moment. More are on order, but wont be here for a few more weeks. So order now if you need them in a hurry.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Oh coo, thanks for the info. I didn't know he had them for sale. Thanks for the heads up and nice turn around. If it doesn't work out with Scott I'll order from you.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Hello Hybrid Revolt,

I've been trying to reach you guys for days through the contact numbers on your website, but each call goes straight to voicemail. What's the best way to reach you and talk to someone?

Thank you.

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We are on a skeleton staff this week due to the holidays. We can get email this week or will be full staffed on Tuesday. If you need to speak with me, just PM me your # or use the contact form on our website to send us an email.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Thanks, will try you guys again on Tue, and leave my # via PM if I still can't reach anyone then. Have a happy new year!

·
Registered
894 Posts
When will they show back in stock?

·
Super Moderator
1,499 Posts
I spoke with Matt from Hybrid Revolt this morning and there is a new batch due in in about a week.

They take about 4-5 weeks when ordered.

I ordered 10 pair from him about a month ago.

Scott

·
Registered
894 Posts
Thank you so much for the reply Scott.

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GAZ has informed me of yet another price increase coming in 2018. 2 pair currently in stock with an order inbound. Order soon to avoid the price increase.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am interested in picking up a set before summer's out. When you guys say this is a night and day improvement over oem are we talking something that I could daily drive and do a track day every once in awhile? Or would I need stiffer springs? I'm used to a stiff suspension setup with my kw v2. Firm for the street anyway but still great on the track.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
8 Participants
Saxjonz
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing