1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
1,790 Posts
In the past I experienced one on a car that had been done that way and it wasn’t done well. The person that did it cut the radiator support and had to make a few other minor modifications to attempt to make it work. The cooling fan had to be modified. It wasn’t pretty.
The new owner of the vehicle had me put it all back to stock.

I don’t recommend it. As far as I know there is not an all aluminum one that will just bolt in.

Radiators today for the Insight are all CVT transmission compatible. You can use a CVT type in an MT, but not an MT type in a CVT.

Be sure to bleed the cooling system properly.

Good luck,
Scott

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hello all, the time has come to replace my radiator, and I want to replace it with one that is fully aluminum. I've seen that one from a civic would perhaps work. I just wanted to make sure I got the right one.

I found this one:
2 Row 42mm Aluminum Radiator for Honda Civic B16/18 Type R 92-00 In/out 32m for sale online | eBay

Would this work? Or should I keep looking for an alternative? Thanks!
I’ve heavily considered using an aluminum civic rad for my Insight, haven’t pulled the trigger on it yet cause I don’t know 100% if it’ll fit/be able to be mounted and since this car is my daily I need it to be 110% reliable, bumping cause i’m interested too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Do you have an overheating problem? These engines run pretty cool to begin with, any stock replacement $50 radiator should be fine.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
On the K swap Insight page, one member is working on getting some custom radiators made for our cars which will fit the stock hoses, but will be all aluminum and thicker.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info and input, I really wanted to get a full aluminum one. Mine has started cracking in the typical spot and now leaks. I'll probably just order an oem replacement from Rock Auto.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts