Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From Autoblog.com :

"simple and utilitarian, but also customizable, connected and full of personality." It is apparently "practical but fun, connected and affordable"
Inspired by fixed-gear bicycles.

Honda surprises with Gear concept in Montreal

·
Premium Member
9,752 Posts
Maybe it is powered by "pedal power".

·
Registered
4,006 Posts

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This '72 Honda 600 (2 cylinder) is sitting on showroom floor of a local Honda dealership. I wonder how a transplanted 3 cyl VTEC-e would do in this miniscule car.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
A Honda ECA1 would be an awesome engine swap for the Honda 600. I wouldn't mind it in a Subaru 360 either. I do like microcars and the Insight as about the closest thing we can get in the past decade in the US.

I still dream of the pure electric drivetrain when I see small cars though but that's a personal opinion, imagine that kind of torque and power in a tiny car though. *dream sequence*

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Sounds like Honda wants to adopt the Scion brand with user customizable vehicles for a one size base fits all. I read somewhere the micro mini cars were going to take over.

Interesting as it has the front end of the Challenger and rear of the rabbit 3 door. Wonder if its rwd like the fr-s/brz/gt-86.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like Honda wants to adopt the Scion brand with user customizable vehicles for a one size base fits all. I read somewhere the micro mini cars were going to take over.
There is probably serious markup in all the upgrades.
Interesting as it has the front end of the Challenger and rear of the rabbit 3 door. Wonder if its rwd like the fr-s/brz/gt-86.
I don't see Challenger there no matter how hard I squint.
There's no way Honda would stray from their MO on a bargain hatch. Hopefully they bring back the S2000. I saw some refreshed concepts heavily based on the old one. I think they were shown at the Tokyo Auto Show.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
You dont see how the hood comes over the grill, the round angel eye like lamp with projector behind it like?

Maybe its a good thing I held off trading my i2 for an si?

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wonder if it will have a Hybrid power train.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
I imagine so. The new fuel economy requirements will make all new vehicles soon to be hybrid not to mention all the other bells and whistles like autostop, direct injection, etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Either way, govt or Honda inspired. . .

It looks great! It also looks to be miniature in size which for my purposes and I'm sure a lot of the folks that have the I1, is just fine! Can't wait to see them rolling along the streets. My copy will have to wait, since "the good Lord willing" I won't need one for a lot of years. My car only has 83k as of now.

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
307 Posts
I don't see any insight in it at all. It looks more like a rival to a VW polo / golf.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Honda Gear

Some thoughts;:Is the Gear based on the Japanese home market Kei cars? the small car Kei regulations strictly control dimensions of such vehicles.

Is it the car which Honda have hinted will be built in India, for the growing Indian market ( think of TaTa Nano, Suzuki Alto) etc.

The front of the Honda Gear has hints of the Toyota IQ, the high bonnet line shape is to assist in passing pedestrian impact tests.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts