Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given that the gen II model was intro'd last spring, and given that Honda's projected sales for the Insight are much lower than expected, what are the chances a 2011 model will be introduced this year? Will it be in spring, summer, fall, or at all?

I'm this close to buying one but wondered how lovely an updated version might be (esp. w/ bump in horsepower). If there is going to be a new model this year, what's your dream list of updated features?

·
Registered
382 Posts
For all main models, Honda has a run of either 5 or 6 years between major model change, and 2 or 3 years for the minor model change (update on the current model). Now, last summer, Honda said for the I2, they would "rush" the minor model change, with a bit more content, as the sales were not as expected (looking forward for this "bit new content"...). Considering the run of the Gen1, 7 years, 2000 to 2006, I would expect the I2 to be on a close path. This "rush" in minor model change to be on the 3rd year, so fall 2011, for a 2012 model. I would be very surprized to see something in fall 2010 for a 2011 model (but I would be happily surprized if it does happen...)

What I will be looking for with interest is the battery update their new company/partnership with GS Yuasa will bring. They said their mass production would be ready in fall 2010, so one year ahead of what I think will be the I2 minor model change, just enough to plan a new battery and output for the I2. But new battery + increase motor output is not likely to be a minor model change... so my wish list items might not be realistic... ;)

·
Registered
728 Posts
How about some good fuel economy and a Toyota-style series/parallel hybrid arrangement that I can convert to PHEV with 10 miles of electric range?

That's probably too much to ask. I bet we'll get a refreshed interior, tuned suspension, and not much else.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i would like a higher capacity battery and a MIMA system so i could throw my car into recharge when i want.

oh and give me an arm rest and move the radio controlls closer to the driver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts