Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i've got a Gen1 (MY2000) insight that is officially totaled, twice. Runs and drives, i've maintained the battery, and all the drive train components work.

i've been given a Gen1 CR-V (MY1997) with a clean title, bad rear drive train problem (easy enough to make it driveable by disconnecting it) and a few other issues that are fixable, but...

when i was a teenager, we put a MY67 mustang and MY71 bronco together to make a 4WD mustang...

i once also put a 1L Geo Metro engine into a Suzuki Swift, and while, yes, not much power or high speed, it worked...

so now i'm thinking hybrid 1L CR-V.

discuss?

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
Beyond the blinding flash of the obvious? Crv weighs 3200 lbs vs. 1900 lbs Insight. Then you'd go from 123 hp CRV to 73 HP with Insight engine. I don't think the engine and transmission will last long due to extra strain.

Or are you talking about adapting the Insight powertrain to the rear of the CRV and leaving the CRV's existing engine for its FWD?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Or are you talking about adapting the Insight powertrain to the rear of the CRV and leaving the CRV's existing engine for its FWD? "

YES

perfect for slow-speed/traffic, etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
or my other thought, simpler, put the insight body on the CRV drivetrain

1 - 4 of 4 Posts