Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally did it. i built me own sub, trying to replicate waylands sub. i think it come out pretty well. sounds good. Almost as good as the 10" solobaric i had sitting in the cargo area. this is much better, not taking up any space. please bear in mind that i didnt bother with visual aesthetics because it is hidden. i used 5/8" inch MDF as thats what Lowes had, and bought an entire 4x8 sheet. i have way too much left over!
the 5/8" is a bad thing. the overall diameter of the sub sticks just a bit over the total height of the box. i am not sure how they did it with so much more space than i had. oh well. i stuffed the box with fill, although i am not too sure how much to use. The sub is an 8" W3V2 4 ohm that i wired in series for 8 ohms. i am glad i did it. would love to post a pic but i have never done it before.
i wil look it up after i post this.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
as far as i can tell, i need webspace to be able to html a picture into this post. oh well. i guess people could email me if they really wanted pictures.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Dang, nice. I tried making my own, but after making the 5th piece decided to give up and just make a box to fit in the storage box. Of course then shortly after I acquired a real shoebox sub.

·
Registered
338 Posts
that

looks great!

good job!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Can We get some plans? I would love to see them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Plans

Justin,
I started off trying to make some plans on the computer. I printed out scale drawings of the bottom, 1 side, and the front. these dims came from scouring the internet for posts and i found some from wayland. unfortunately, these didnt work out for me since i did not know how they were implemented AND i was using thicker material. it all went up in smoke. I used the basic design and had to keep checking with the car. In the end, i had all the pieces disassembled and ready to glue. i wish i had traced them on my excess sheet of wood. Also, keep in mind that i did it all with a jigsaw and circular saw. i used my table saw very little. some of the pieces are pretty rigged. i have a .vsd (visio) file that i am willing to share. again, i had to change most of the stuff in it to make it work. but it is a starting point.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts