Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing my son 2003 civic hybrid with genisis one charger,first nite 8 hours charge with about 1400 amps added ,temps was in low 80,in the evening,checked in morning had code r8 voltage platue,drove to work,after reset 12 volt,but before the I'm monitors reset I got code 1449 again. Am try pass emissions,so the next evening I was able to push another 1459 amps in battery before it kicked out with r 14 inlet temp -3.6! Started out 89 inlet temp 91 outlet temp,,it was within 4.6 differnce.Am charging at nite due to the high heat during the day,,,but again after about 60 miles right before everything reset,on the I'm monitors I get the code 1449 again,is it possible to keep trying to charge each nite or try to set the perimeters so I can get longer than 8 to 10 hour charge out of the charger,,or is it possible to keep pushing 1000 plus in it each nite til I reach a certain amount that keeps the code off long enough to get though emissions.. Need this heat to break up here in Maryland.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
If you have a shorted cell, no amount of charging is going to get a P1449 to go away for a length of time sufficient to get emissions ready.

You should be able to pass with ONE not ready - typically evap system.

You need to check your tap voltages after letting it sit overnight. If you see a significant discrepancy, > 0.8V, you likely have a shorted cell. They can code almost instantly.

I assume you're using a dedicated harness for the HCH1 and driving the fan?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes am using hybrid revolt harness that's compatible with mikes charger,the Ima pops right about the same time it resets the I'm monitors,so pushing 10 or 11 hours each nite is a wasted attemp,I tried the trick the other site recommend ,on green hybrid,where he says to turn off the Ima and drive 50 miles than flip back on right before you get to emissions,,yea that fails,first the 12 volt battery light stays on,2nd when you flip on the Ima the 12 volt battery light doesn't go out,so I shut car off,than try to restart car,boom the car starts with the 12 volt battery and starter,and of course you still got the Ima popping on,what was worse there was no regen,assist or soc,,I lost contact to the doc convertor,scary,,likely a 12 volt reset got it back in communication with the dc dc convertor,,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts