Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2000 Insight yesterday. I love it so far, but unfortunately it didn't have the owner's manual with it, and there are some things I can't figure out - like how to get the vents working, how to set the time on the clock, why the key sometimes won't lock the doors... All pretty minor stuff so far, but I'm sure there's other useful & interesting stuff in it.

Is there an online version of the manual anywhere? I tried Honda's website, but it seems to have problems with non-IE browsers. If not, can I order one through a dealer or somewhere?

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Your local Honda dealership should be able to get you one. I think they run about $30. Once in a while one pops up on eBay also.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hmmm. I just happen to have an Owner's Manual for my 2000 Honda Insight. The car is gone. An SUV hit it and what damage that didn't do, the rescue workers did with the Jaws of Convenience.

When grabbing stuff from the car at the junk yard, I grabbed the Owner's Manual. I was just keeping it as a sort of attachment to the memory of the car, but if you'd get better use of it, maybe we can work something out.

I intend to get a new manual soon. The Honda will conveniently wrap this new manual in a 2003 Honda Insight. I think I'll keep that packaging. It goes well with the manual.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Doh! I would have loved to have your Year 2000 Owners Manual.

I have had an Owners Manual on order for three months now at my local Honda dealer and they still cannot give me any date of arrival. It is looking pretty hopeless. Anyone else have a spare Manual?

On a related point, Hparts.com do not ship to the UK which means that I can only get OEM parts through expensive official dealers. Double Doh!

PS - Will M - Like your joke about your 2003 Manual coming with a brand new Insight. It is getting closer and closer to when you pick up your brand new Insight. I am getting quite envious!

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Thanks for your message, I have just looked at that site. However, I am still feeling a little unlucky since on top of the $34 for the Manual they have asked for $64 shipping and $25 Handling - a grand total of $123 for a Owner's Manual. Triple Doh! I wish I could read Japanese.....

·
Registered
320 Posts
When I finally got my 2000 Insight manual with intent to mail it, I decided to actually look in it. This is what I found:

You can order a manual from Helm. There's an order form, ironically, in the back of the manual. You can also call them to order a manual:

1-800-782-4356

When I called there to check into this, the recording told me to go to:

http://www.helminc.com

I went there to look up the availability of a 2000 Insight manual. It says they are available and cost $34. The main reason I considered selling mine was that I was under the apparently flawed belief that they were not available. You can check for availability directly at:

http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp? ... Q9LP6F1HF8

If you can't get there because of line breaks, just go to the shorter URL and look up the 2000 Honda Insight. I'm sure they have other years as well.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
New Print Run?

See my earlier posts above. My Owner's Manual order at the Honda dealership finally came through yesterday and I picked it up for £9. Hurrah. I notice that the Manual is printed in Japan - presumably there has been a new print run of Insight Manuals(?).

·
Registered
320 Posts
Just a note: If you have a model Insight earlier than 2003 and you need a manual and have not ordered one yet, I'd recommend ordering a 2003 manual. In a few (VERY few) places, the wording has been clarified, and there is really nothing in the 2003 manual that doesn't pertain to the earlier models. You just skip the chapters on the CVT and read the ones on the manual 5-speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts