Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
It's like you've enabled the super secret I2 lean burn that doesn't really exist. Nice!
Probably not lean burn as the I1 was capable of(24:1), but surely very high air/fuel ratio, just below the limit of NOx rejection authorized. I experienced this quite a bit with my I2, and it's not difficult to stay within 75-80mpg for several miles. Since we cleared out that there is no cylinder deactivation in highway cruising mode, and that VCM is for use when decelerating, it could be the only explanation left... anyone disagree ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
YouTube - gettin 67 going 55

Yes, I still got it. :) Cant wait for even more warmer weather and more tricks to get bettter fuel economy.
How? Are you going downhill, or what?

I've been keeping mine right at 60mpg, but I'm taking backroads and being super conscious of my driving; cruise always drops my MPG.

Backroads really don't bother me. 60mpg is 60mpg no matter what road I'm taking, amirite? :)

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yup a high air to fuel ratio would do it.

Another little trick is to go down a mile long 4% odd grade. Hit the bottom at 60+ mph and a fully top offed battery. Then on the very very gentle downgrade of the next 3 miles really feather foot the gas pedal to use as little gas as possible and as much battery as possible to maintain speed. The full battery will further reduce rolling resistence, the steap and gentle downgrades give lots of help to the battery from gravity in maintaining speed, and so the mpg can go very very high. :) Once the road levels out or the battery SOC drops to level 5, it'll be back to the usual 45-50-55 mpg to maintain speed.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Sorry. I thought from my previous posts it was assumed this was going posted limits on cruse down i95 north from Rives Rd exit 40?to i64 exit 75 in the right lane at night with no ac and radio going. I take this route several times a day or night and use it as a bench mark for mpg testing.

Later I will post a video where I am going 65mph, getting 65mpg and traveled 65 miles from rt 460 to 64, 264 to va beach. 65, 65, 65!!!!

As for the screen going to 58 and back. That is my total for the tank. I reset trip b on runs to see that runs mpg.

·
Registered
605 Posts
...I take this route several times a day or night and use it as a bench mark for mpg testing. ....I reset trip b on runs to see that runs mpg.
I just love your use of the same piece of road as a bench mark and use of Trip B to compare and discover wht works best. I do the same and look forward to learning from you what works best for top mpg! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts