Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a trade-in Insight from a Subaru dealer. However, I would like to get the car Honda Certified Used Car status. Does anybody know if you can bring your car into the dealer for this? Does it cost anything? Can a Subaru dealer perform the inspection? Any help with this would be great. O yeah, the car has 34,000 miles and is a 2000.

·
Registered
77 Posts
That certification is probably a sales pitch by honda dealers to buy used cars from them instead of competing dealers.

Two things to keep in mind.

1) The IMA and battery system is under warrenty for 8 years 80K miles so that is still covered by Honda

2) Check to see if the ECM recall and break lever recall has been performed.

3) Anyone will do an inspection for you but they will probably not back it by extra coverage like an extended warrenty.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
You can buy an extended warranty on this car. Check out http://www.hondawarranty.com for the best prices. I believe several owners on these forums (or maybe it was yahoo-hybrids) have bought their extended warranties through them. It is a real Honda care warranty too. One thing to keep in mind too, the price goes up if you take the car beyond the 3 year 36000 mile factory warranty so if your going to buy it buy it soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts