Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of a 2001 Insight with 11,000 mile on the clock a few weeks ago.

I have noticed that the more I drive the car, the better the MPG gets :D

I do a round trip of 130 miles a day (80% at 75-80mph & 20% city) & I started off getting just under 70 mpg in the first week over a full tank.

Second week I was getting around 75 mpg. Now I'm up to 85 mpg over a tank full.

Not sure what's going on, maybe the car is getting decoked as I wizz up the motorway as the previus owner drove around London traffic always, still I'm not complaining. :p

I do however get a stutter at around 50 in fifth, think it may be the EGR valve, I'll get the dealer to look next time it's in for a service.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Hi Mark,
Congratulations on an excellent used car choice. I imagine these are probably very rare in England given the small number imported. I think most Insight owners will tell you they get improved mileage as they "learn to drive the car". Many of us spend a lot of time watching the FCD to learn how to drive more effeciently. Does the British version of the car actually use imperial gallons in its mpg calculations? Also how are the used insight prices in England? Have fun, Rick

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep,

The FCD is in imperial gallons.

Used prices vary hugely. In London a 3 year old 20000miles Insight can get £11-12000 as they are congestion charging exempt.

I got mine from a small country dealership & paid £8500 for a 2 year old one with 11000 on the clock.

The British goverment are going to make hybrid vehicles toll excempt when the motorway toll are introduced so values should stay up.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Thanks for the info. If you havn't already read it there is an article on insightman.com regarding the British record mpg set by a Insight. Sounds like you may be able to do better. Have fun, Rick

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Mark Elvin said:
congestion charging exempt.
For those who don't know, London charges you to drive into the city, and the exemption is a pretty sweet deal. Even better than the HOV lane stickers that we do not get in the US.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts