Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Loving my 2009 SE G2 more and more after nearly three weeks. And... it's become clear I've been driving badly since 1976, which is a bit of a shocker. How remarkable is a car that not only gets great FE, but also teaches you how to drive properly??

Every day's a school day and I'm really enjoying the experience - plus all the great info I'm getting from this site, for which I thank you.

I've gone from being a fairly aggressive, speedy, impatient and inconsiderate fuel-waster, to... something better. Hopefully. And almost overnight I'm wondering why the hell all new cars aren't hybrids or full EVs as a matter of urgency. Obviously this learning curve has some way to go, but... it's all good.

IMG_20200113_132505.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have owned my 2012 for 70k miles and i get a consistant 40 to 45 mpg per tank! now there is a certain way to do this! for me, what i do is in the summer when you use the AC i always drive in eco mode with windows up! my tire pressure is at 40 psi all round. my average is 44mpg, sometimes it goes up to 60mpg around town. when i am not using AC i always take it of eco and i get the same gas milage, 44pmg per tank! mixed driving and having fun driving well!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...my tire pressure is at 40 psi all round. my average is 44mpg, sometimes it goes up to 60mpg around town... ...having fun driving well!
Nice work! I'm finding tire pressure is critical for good mpg. I was getting 65-68 mpg (UK) on a regular trip at 38 psi, then I upped the pressure to 44 psi and without driving any differently, got 76 mpg (UK). This is under 7p per mile for the trip. Good news given we're paying around $8 per gallon. I check my tire pressures more often now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats your average mpg for a full tank of gas? i am been getting 44 to 48mpg average for a whole tank of gas.
Around 68-70mpg (UK). I expect to get more now as I'm upping my pressures. But 48mpg US is very good, I think. Especially compared to the USA average overall. But at $2.50 a gallon there is no real incentive to change. Governments should stop subsidising gas.

60% or so of UK gas price is tax!

·
Registered
412 Posts
i have owned my 2012 for 70k miles and i get a consistant 40 to 45 mpg per tank! now there is a certain way to do this! for me, what i do is in the summer when you use the AC i always drive in eco mode with windows up! my tire pressure is at 40 psi all round. my average is 44mpg, sometimes it goes up to 60mpg around town. when i am not using AC i always take it of eco and i get the same gas milage, 44pmg per tank! mixed driving and having fun driving well!
44 MPG ( stateside ) works out good in imperial MPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts