Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A body shop guy and I had no luck with opening the glove box with a key. Is this common? Nakona1.

·
Super Moderator
8,148 Posts
I don't know how common, but I also had an issue. Does the key open the doors? It is possible that someone replaced the lock and was using a different key. If the lock is correct, you might try spraying a solvent into the lock and letting it sit for a while. You might also try a different key if you have one.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
A body shop guy and I had no luck with opening the glove box with a key. Is this common? Nakona1.
What key? One that comes with the car?

If so and the key has grey plastic where the electronics are then that is a "valet" key which allows a parking lot person to open/lock the doors, start the engine etc but not open the glove box or the rear hatch.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know how common, but I also had an issue. Does the key open the doors? It is possible that someone replaced the lock and was using a different key. If the lock is correct, you might try spraying a solvent into the lock and letting it sit for a while. You might also try a different key if you have one.
The key turns and the latch opens a little but does not free up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts