Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2002 w/ 3,600 miles on it - yoo-hoo - I'm really excided because I live in DC and the traffic is crazy. Thankfully the HOV lanes are open to Hybrids. So I will be back to ask for advice on any issues I might have.

I'm also very happy that this community exist - thank you mods.

AG -

·
Registered
652 Posts
Considering that Chevy has released the Silverado hybrid pickup I am not sure how long that Hybrid label is going to be good enough to use the HOV lanes. Hope to see you on the Beltway. Have fun, RIck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know - that really sucks that there are talks about the hov's going down for hybrids in 2006 -

might have to bye the skycar at that point.

btw - I went on the hov's for the first time today and found myself really pissed at the poeple who were not on legally. - pfff - hope they get busted...

·
Registered
700 Posts
Rick Reece said:
Considering that Chevy has released the Silverado hybrid pickup ....
OT: Ha! That's a good one.

They even call it a "mild Hybrid". All it does is idle-stop (big deal) and a little regen braking. I guess it is all for the good (something is better than nothing argument), but No assist=No hybrid in my book.
There, that's 2 cents from me :p

·
Registered
652 Posts
I actually didn't know any specifics on the Silverado. Thanks for the info. When I am sitting in DC traffic the idle stop is one of our car features I like most. In regards to the Hybrid definition I have seen some (Toyota owners) who feel if it cant drive in a EV mode then its not really a hybrid. I really don't care about the label but wonder if the government will have to get more specific on their tax deduction. Could you get a Mild hybrid with so little added cost that the tax deduction actually makes the hybrid cheaper than the regular vehicle?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Rick Reece said:
.... Could you get a Mild hybrid with so little added cost that the tax deduction actually makes the hybrid cheaper than the regular vehicle?
Well that's an interesting sitch...I guess it could happen, but I don't know the pricing on these pickem ups... If one were looking at finances only, you would have to make it up initially, because you sure wouldn't make it up with better gas mileage.

Using their terminology, what would you call the Insight: Mild, Moderate or Severe??? :wink:

·
Registered
652 Posts
I would replace Severe with Extreme. That siad any car that can get 100 mpg from time to time is extreme. So if Honda can use assist vice EV only mode and get phenominal fuel economy thats fine with me. Have fun, Rick

G

·
0 Posts
Hi All:

___I wouldn’t care if a vehicle was called a mild or severe Hybrid, Diesel, Diesel Hybrid, std. ICE, Turbine, Fuel Cell, Electric Vehicle, or used Nuclear fission for its propulsion … As long as it receives the fuel economy we have received in our Insight’s, who cares what they call it or how it’s built? And that it can be purchased for a reasonable price ;)

___Rick, good point.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:qjg7o4a5][email protected][/email:qjg7o4a5]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts