Honda Insight Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows of any cool parts or accessories that might be available only in Japan. I once saw a green Insight with yellow striped seats in a photo from Japan, so I wonder if they have different accessories too?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
There is the much desired double-DIN stereo dashboard part that you might be interested in. I have had two Japanese import Insights and the only other thing / difference is optional GREEN footwell lights...that's about it. HTH.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
You can look for yourself on the Japanese Honda page:
http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/insight/

Can't read Japanese? Who cares, it's just a web site. Watch the URL info down at the bottom of your Internet Explorer (no slight intended to non-MS users) to get hints. And be careful not to accidently buy a car over the Internet!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Footwell lights?

What are footwell lights?
Is there a photo of this 'double DIN dash', so I know what I'm looking for?

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Footwell lights are what they sound. They light up the footwells under the dashboard.
Only strong enough to see at night. Green looks surprisingly good.

For Double Din dashboard check out -

Original Japanese Honda Double Din Sat Nav / TV (with surrounding trim removed; the Honda sat nav only works in Japan):
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/christ ... pg&.src=ph

First bash at installing Single Din Alpine Sat Nav with Cubby Hole above:
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/christ ... pg&.src=ph

Feel free to go back to my 'album' and check out other photos.

·
Registered
95 Posts
One item to look for is the Euro navigation system that between the dash & console, where the NA spec radio binacle is attached. I;ve seen a few pictures, very cool, wish we had it here.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hmm... what about the sun visor with mirror? You may be able to get a visor for the right side of the car as US models are missing that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
<humor> Alright, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that maybe what we need from Japan is some decent anime featuring the Honda Insight. </humor>

Just no tentacles please!

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Sorry billybass, but your window of opportunity has closed. :|

The thread is now over a year old :!: :oops:
(next time check the date of the last reply before re-opening a dead thread)

Before anyone asks not all old threads are "dead". It depends. ;)
And an example of why its follow-up should have been posted here rather than a new thread as was done:

"Back from Japan...no Insights!"

The "EGR VALVE DISCOVERY" and Kevin's "More IMA battery warranty problems" threads being two recent examples of a great choice for renewal vs. starting a new thread. (Thanks guys) :)

Locking

HTH! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.