Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
we just bought a used 2001 5 speed with 34,000 miles on it and took it in for it's 30,000 mile service and the dealer seemed pretty clueless about the specifics of the insight, does anyone out there know a honda dealer in the L.A. area with some insight savvy?
Thanks!
-Eric & Tamara

·
Registered
228 Posts
Welcome!

"the L.A. area" is pretty broad, you might want to update the Location in your profile so we have a better idea of where you are at.

In northern LA County, there are dealers in Valencia, Palmdale, and Lancaster that I have never had any problems dealing with.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been happy with Woodland Hills Honda, they seem to have other Insights they routinely service. 818 887 7111.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks folks, I'm in west LA but would consider going as far as woodland hills. Anyone out there delt with Santa monica or Miller in culver city?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm wondering about the same thing as the original post. I'm in the Hollywood area and need to take my Insight in for service for the first time. I don't want to end up somewhere where they scratch their heads when they see the car.

Anyone have experience with a shop in the area, good or bad?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've had good results with Norm Reeves in Cerritos, but that's maybe too much South LA county to be what your seeking.

Rick / 2006 CVT

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi folks,
I'm still looking for the rite dealer/mechanic,my gauge cluster seems to be leaking....yikes
-Eric

·
Registered
240 Posts
Woodland Hills Honda is the best for my Insight -- there's a mechanic who works there, Edgar, who has an Insight!! He is also a member of this forum. We discovered him one day when we saw an Insight in the mechanics bay and noticed it had a custom double-din Nav installed. We found out it was his car, and that he did the work himself (which is what inspired us to put a double-din Nav in ours, actually!).

If you want to go with Edgar, ask for Adam in the service department -- Edgar is in Adam's group. Then you can tell Adam you want Edgar to work on your car, and schedule accordingly. Personally, I think there's nothing better than having a mechanic who *owns* one of these cars to be working on it. He did a fantastic job replacing the SRS and ABS units after the car was recovered from the recent theft, and even came in under the quoted price. My car will be paying him a visit today, in fact!

·
Registered
240 Posts
You're welcome! They were very busy today when I dropped off my car, but I still got to chat with Edgar a bit -- I showed him the AVIC-D3 custom install, which he loved, and asked him to inspect my front suspension for the problem with the rubber mounts (the squeaky-squeak). He said he's been experiencing the squeaks too and hasn't looked into it yet, so he was excited to be able to look into mine (and get paid to do it!) :)

Nowadays I find it very rare that you can get to know a mechanic on a semi-personal level when they work for a dealership -- the dealership usually puts up such a wall between the customer and the mechanics, which I hate. I hope you have a good experience with them!

-fly

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I've had pretty good luck with Hardin Honda in Anaheim, right off the 57 freeway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts