Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my 60,000-mile maintainence at Bankston Honda in Lewisville Texas. For Insighters in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, they did a good job. They honored an expired 10% coupon, reglued the A/C temp plate around the knob, buffed out a passenger door scratch, looked at everything.

The Honda guy that worked on my Insight went out of his way to spend ten minutes with me. He enjoyed working on my car, and said the Insights are the most reliable Hondas in the fleet. This is consistent with my 1988 CRX HF experience, which while excellent was not as good as this Insight at 65,000 miles.

He has not known of anyone with hybrid battery problems so far in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I wouldn't have trouble believing that - since the Insight is made in the same factory as the S2000 and err... that exotic one (the NSX, I think) it stands to reason that the staff (quality control wise) and/or equipment may be of higher quality there.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Now that I think about it, apart from the (to be expected) deterioration of IMA batteries and the EGR niggle, I don't remember anyone ever mentioning breaking down in an Insight!

·
Registered
700 Posts
The Citrus Smoothie said:
Now that I think about it, apart from the (to be expected) deterioration of IMA batteries and the EGR niggle, I don't remember anyone ever mentioning breaking down in an Insight!
Oh, great, now you've done it. And with my luck, it will be me...but not until it's raining, at night, and I've forgotten my cell phone.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Reliability?
I've never had a vehicle with over 100K miles and factory brakes, replaced the spark plugs at 105K, replaced the AC belt at 106K, (it still looks fine, but I was checking the valve clearance, and while I was at it decided to replace it.

I can't complain about most cars I've owned, since I always take good care of them, but THIS one tops them all. :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
When talking reliability this little car has exceeded my expectations by far.
I bought it over four years ago and never would have thought that I would be keeping it for THIS long. It has NEVER EVER let me down in any way and still works the same as it did four years ago.
I've had a couple of Hondas before this one, but none of them come even close to this one.
It still is a crowd puller, my Honda-Dealer is always happy to see me, ready for a tech-chat :wink:

Thanks Honda !
I'm soooo happy with the car I don't want a new one :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
...some very encouraging words.

I did get a "check engine" light @ 21000 miles.

The discovery:Evaporator leak - tank system, code p1456

Items replaced: evaporator control canister; evaporator canister vent shut valve; and fuel cap.

The car ran fine, though, even with the problem.

Just hope I didn't pick a lemon out of the bunch!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts