Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking, as the subject implys, for a bay area car mechanic who knows and can be trusted under a honda insight.

I had no choice but to run over a flattened orange cones scattered across the on ramp to the bay bridge last night and the car hasn't driven the same since.. sounded at first as if the cone was dragging, but then determined something must have gotten knocked loose under the car as i wasn't trailing a thing.

So, it now just sounds like i have a rattling empty soda can in the cup holder when accelerating from a stand still..

besides this, there are some other (hopefully!) minor things i'd like to get checked out/fixed on the car as I've put some 50,000 miles on it, and i simply don't trust any mechanic w/o a recommendation, especially on a vehicle which is this fragile.

thanks i really appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've taken my car to Larry Hopkins Honda in Sunnyvale for several years, and I've always been happy with them. In 2003 my IMA system was acting goofy, and they spent a lot of time tracking down the problem. Although they didn't find the source of the problem right away, they were very persistent and logical in tracking the problem down.

I also had a couple of rattles that they fixed very well. They always take good car of my car's appearance too. I've had other dealers leave dirt of smudge marks in my car. Larry Hopkins always returns it clean and tidy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jbrasure said:
I've taken my car to Larry Hopkins Honda in Sunnyvale for several years, and I've always been happy with them..
thanks a lot for the suggestion, sunnyvale is a little further south that I'd like to drive with the price of gas these days :wink:

if anybody else can recommend a mechanic they have had work on their insight in either sf or the east bay, I'd really appreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts