Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my Insight since 2002 and during that time, my wife has driven it 3 times, just for short trips. It's not that she doesn't like it, but she is not *into* it like I am. She is happy with her Civic.

The other day we had to swap cars. I reset the trip OD so I could check what MPG she would get. When I got home I looked and she got 56 mpg. Now normally I would have gotten about 75 mpg for that same route, but she had the air conditioning on and set to 60 degrees, and generally just drove it like her Civic. But it is still very impressive. Most people would love to get 56 mpg in their cars. So even when driven hard, it is truly a wonderful vehicle.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I've actually found that driving semi-aggressively in certain conditions (not highway) will sometimes yield better mileage than normal driving.

·
Registered
741 Posts
IHonda2002 said:
I've owned my Insight since 2002 and during that time, my wife has driven it 3 times, just for short trips. It's not that she doesn't like it, but she is not *into* it like I am. She is happy with her Civic.
Maybe you should start making HER pay the gas bills (teach her to not waste money).

:lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts