Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Looking for advice. My '02 Insight got totalled back in September and I was finally able to replace it this week. I got a used '00 for a "very reasonable" price. 37K miles.

I gave it a good check out and a nice long test drive; no problems. Today, I noticed that it tends to buck as if I were in the wrong gear for the RPMs. When this happens, I am in 2nd or 3rd, between about 1000 and 1600 RPMs, and applying minimum power. Giving it a bit more gas makes the bucking stop.

When I bought it, the lifetime mileage was about 45, which I found a bit weird, since I don't think I could get down to 45 if I tried. I reset the counter and I've got it up to a respectable 64 now. The battery was also completely drained, but I was able to get it charged up half way during the test drive and have been able to keep it topped since.

No other strange behavior - power seems fine, IMA seems to kick in just as it should.

So, any thoughts on this odd problem? I seem to recall reading something about a similar problem here before, but I probably can't remember the proper synonym for "bucking" to find the post.

Thanks!
Bill

·
Registered
344 Posts
Search for EGR valve. It is a common problem. You can clean it for FREE or replace it for $$$ with the same result.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bucking

Concur with cleaning or replacing EGR. Many posts re hesitating, bucking, jerkiness. My service mgr did not know what ws going on for the longest time. Finally brought in a page from this forum which described the same issue. He agreed to replace, and no problem since (about six mos ago).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts