Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the owner of the Insight Registry, a google spreadsheet, I have been trying to open the sheet so that anyone with the link could edit it themselves. By doing so, I hope to achieve some updating of the sheet.

BIG PROBLEM. I have set the access as seen here:

http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/honda-insight-forum-1st-gen-discussion/24228-citrus-registry.html

I have also set the sharing options to "anyone with link can edit."

It still doesn't work for non owners????

Anyone know how to get this thing open???

·
Premium Member
9,752 Posts
Do not have a citrus, and it allowed me in.

Willie

·
Super Moderator
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do not have a citrus, and it allowed me in.

Willie
From feedback I get, it lets everyone in but it doesn't allow a citrus owner to edit or enter their information.

I can't test it myself since I am owner of the spread sheet.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I took a look, and it seems like you have two sheets in the document. Sheet 1, which has all the relevant info, is locked and not editable by the public. Sheet 2, which is empty, appears to be editable by anyone. I think when you were trying to set the document to public, that 2nd sheet was made, and that was set to public.

·
Super Moderator
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I took a look, and it seems like you have two sheets in the document. Sheet 1, which has all the relevant info, is locked and not editable by the public. Sheet 2, which is empty, appears to be editable by anyone. I think when you were trying to set the document to public, that 2nd sheet was made, and that was set to public.
I rummaged through the deep guts of the "permissions" structure and it looks like you are right. Sheet 1 was protected, while sheet 2 was open. I now "think" I have changed the permissions for sheet 1. Please give it another try.

Or any citrus owner who wants to update their VIN with last four digits ;-)

·
Super Moderator
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YES. It is working correctly now:!:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts