Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after 8 months of owning my Insight, and almost daily battery recals, I took it to Front Range Honda in Colorado Springs for service. Normally, I'm not much for factory service, as I love to work on my own cars.

I commute around 30-40 mins each way to work, among rolling hills and a lot of stop/go traffic here in Colorado Springs, CO. With 58K miles on the car, and a LMPG of 56.6, I'm reallly pleased with the car. Within the past 8 months I've been getting a check engine light so I inquired in regards to any recalls that Honda had. The Honda Service advisor told me of the 2 battery control modules and the handbrake recalls. SO, I scheduled the service.

4 months later.....Honda has the parts (which were on a nation-wide back order) and the car went to the shop! Today the service advisor told me that it would be done in around 4-5 hours depending on the work load of the tech. Taking any car in for service with a check engine light frightens me, so I think I'm in for a lot more than just a recall!

The tech gets to work on the car in the morning, and late in the afternoon I haven't heard any word. I call Honda and they said that after the tech installed the new control modules, tested the work, and unfortunately the OBDII code kept flashing a Deteroriated battery! JUST MY LUCK! That would explain why my car never has much power from the IMA, and that I'm constantly having IMA recal events.

So, I get a new Battery Pack, MCM module and I think the BCM too....I'll find that out in the morning when I pickup the "Bullet".

I'll keep you posted as to how the car performs after its tune-up!
-Jeff Van Wyk
Colorado Springs, CO

·
Registered
242 Posts
Lucky you! I think my batt pack could shrivel up and fall out the bottom of the car, and these ***hole dealers here would try to tell me there was something wrong with the water pump, or maybe the windshield wiper motor....

I didn't realize there was a recall on the BCM. I thought they just flashed it with a software upgrade.

Maybe your dealer doesn't know what he's doing? Maybe that's a good thing for you!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Good to hear things went well. We just got the IMA light yesterday and have an appt at the dealer tomorrow. We'll see how that goes...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts