Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 CVT with 23500 miles. Hubby is even impressed with it. I've been interested in it, but now he's hooked, too. Looked at a couple of 5 spd's over the last 6 weeks, but this CVT with another year of warranty remaining, was the best deal. Got it inspected at the Honda dealer and it passed with flying colors. Now we've got to inflate the tires appropriately and read the manual and all. Get it washed and waxed.

Tell me what to put on the plastic on the doors and the rubber seals to keep them looking good and protected. One of the Insights I looked at had spots all over the rubber and black plastic parts of the car from some products they used. I was afraid that it wouldn't come off.

Want to upgrade the speakers and get a CD changer for it, too.

I've been reading the forums and gleaning lots of answers to questions. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Protectant

The best thing I have found for shine and protection on ANYTHING, is REJEX, made by corrosion-x. It is a company that makes products for the aviation industry, which I have been in all my life. There is a website, use a google search for corrosion-x. This is easy to apply, and lasts over 4 months. The cool thing is dirt, tar, BUGS just cannot stick to it, they hose off. Most times a rinse and dry is all you have to do. This was developed as an agent to prevent turbine exhaust stains on aircraft, and it really works. It costs about $14.00 for about 12 oz, plenty to do several cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts