Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2001 just got back from the shop. They did what seems to be a very good job. The total cost of the job was just this side of $10,000. I was the one who's tire had delaminated on the Hwy going 8o MPH. I had ended sliding sideways across it and hitting a small embankment (sideways), and actually going airborne and landing in soft dirt, where the car dug in (I could tell from the skid marks leading up to the embankment and the lack of skid marks elsewhere). The suspension was destroyed along with the right side rims and a few other things. It seems to drive very well. I just have to take it back in on Mon as I noticed the ABS light up on the way home. Other than that, it tracks true. I have all brand new tires, of course. It feels good to be back in it and on the road. I will take it out tonight for more extensive testing. Funny thing is, the body shop sent it to a Toyota dealer for the electrical system check. It seems fine. The work is guaranteed for the life of the car. Any suggestions on what I should pay particular attention to (subtle hints at hidden damage) :?:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts