Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...

I feel like a turd, just so ya'll know.

My car was in the shop for the past little while, so I've been driving my dad's company car, the Insight, for the past month-ish... On Saturday, i had an accident and hit another car, right front of the insight.

Now, my dad didn't have collision insurance on it since its part of the company fleet, so we'll have to fix it ourselves.

I'm in DESPERATE need of some sort of diagram, manual, webpage, napkin, ANYTHING that will show us how it is supposed to look, and what the parts are called, and what goes where...

So far, we've figured it needs hood, bumper, wheel, control-arm, shock, ABS module was pushed back and the curcuit board crushed, something to do with the regenative braking (altho it turns freely, a big chunk is missing off the knuckle...

Does anyone have any information, or know where I could aquire some?

Thanks a million in advance, I really want to help my dad out as much as I can on this, since I really can't afford to just get it fixed...

Thanks,
Stumpy.

-edit-

Oh yeah, the car is a red 2000 Insight, fully loaded...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Crash sounds like significant damage...

Sorry to hear of your distress, but 'least you're okay, right? Cars can be replaced - people can't.
It sounds like your Insight has had some significant damage, and you'll likely need some professional advice. Take it to a body shop that specializes in expensive cars (Mecedes, Porsche, etc.) to get quality advice. You may need to trailer it.
This may be more than you want to tackle, especially if there's been any bending of the undercarriage structure. My advice is to go get a good paying gig for awhile, earn some dough, and just have it repaired by some really competent experts. You'll have less grief out of the experience in the long run, that way.
One other cheaper avenue to explore, is you might be able to find a local junior college that has a body shop program that's taught by and supervised by an extremely competent, expert instructor/technician. With high quality instruction, that can be a cheap way to get quality repairs, but it'll take a lot longer than just having a shop rebuild it.
Wishing you the best outcome possible, Berk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heh, too late ;)

Its actually my dad's car, and he's already bought half the parts he needs... Just waiting on some to come in from Japan... ABS sensor will be a $$$ one :(

Already spent $1600 for wheel, headlight, bumper, that jazz.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts