Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just made the drive from Seattle to L.A. in my
BRAND NEW SILVERSTONE METALLIC INSIGHT WITH A/C and MANUAL TRANSMISSION...WOOHOO!!!!

Nice little car! I averaged about 59 or 60 mpg overall, but was averaging 70 or higher on the straight flat parts. (those mountain passes messed up the average.

Here's the question. In my manual under "Vents, heating, and A/C" it shows one set of instruments for the automatic and another for the manual. My manual has the instruments pictured for the automatic. The big difference seems to be the fan buttons on one are "Off" and Auto" buttons on the other. Anything odd about that? Is it just the way things are or is there monkey business afoot?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd also like to express my thanks once again for all the forum members who kept an eye out for manual insights on car lots. Couldn't have done it without you.

David

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
One of those pictures is for the climate control, which you have. The other is for the fan controls, but no climate control (no A/C, no ability to set a temperature and have the system keep you at that temperature). Nothing to do with transmission, although I think you would be hard-pressed to find a CVT without climate control.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
It isn't possible to get a CVT without AC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts