Honda Insight Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Is your unit ok,happy enough with it? Steering wheel function etc?
Got a 10" unit that unfortunately uses a different standard for steering wheel controls. But all in all, I am happy as a clan in a chowder. Excellent performance, fast, good GPS, all Google Apps, iPhone connectivity, the lot.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Got a 10" unit that unfortunately uses a different standard for steering wheel controls. But all in all, I am happy as a clan in a chowder. Excellent performance, fast, good GPS, all Google Apps, iPhone connectivity, the lot.
Thank you, steering wheel function is a must for me as I'm driving 500/600 km a week,all different areas etc and don't want to take my concentration away from driving ( should work with the proper adaptor- got it done on my last car)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Why not use a wiring harness from Metra or Scosche? They plug into the factory harness and have labeled wires to connect to the plug that comes with an aftermarket head unit. They make them for the speakers as well.

By the way, you cannot use a factory NAV unit in a Honda that did not come with one from the factory. The vehicle wiring harness is different.
That's a bummer ,so no choice but to get an aftermarket one

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hey question!

I have an antenna wire (blue) to connect. The car wire harness has a blue wire / the radio kit has a blue wire for an antenna. But i ordered another connector that connects to the radio antenna and that also has a blue wire for the antenna. So what would i connect? I was thinking of just mixing all 3 wires together.

(Head unit wire kit) + (Car wire harness) + (Antenna cable adapter kit)

Here is a link of the antenna cable adapter kit that i think i may? need to connect to the car harness and ingore the head unit harness?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003E3MLB6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

right now i hooked it up like so (antenna kit to head unit)
Doesn't fit my 2012 insight ( according to Amazon)

·
Premium Member
9,677 Posts
I believe the old PM is now "conversations".
Even though the icon is a letter?

·
Registered
273 Posts
if you want i can sell you the din ( plasic radio holder part of the car) i have a spare one. use a aftermarket radio whatever u find off ebay thats 100$ is good anything cheaper and its crappy. pm me if u want the din kit for like 10$
Despite advice can't p.m. clicked on your handle - no option for a pm message ( probably me at fault)

·
Registered
273 Posts
You need a new radio, the Honda-to-ISO wiring adapter which addresses speakers and power - most don't add more than that. Additionally, you will need the antenna adapter to connect the Insight's antenna to the input of your new radio. Beware, there is a +12 line to the antenna, which should be wired to the ACC to eneble the antenna amplifier. Without that, you won't have any reception. If you have the steering wheel controls, there is an option to rewire that to your new ISO radio, too, but I have lost the link. Is on Youtube, though.
👍👍

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
About this Discussion
47 Replies
9 Participants
Garrydhu
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing