Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
That green's not great. That's like ancient Range Rover forest green.

This green, on the other hand, is awesome!
https://www.insightcentral.net/forums/honda-insight-forum-1st-gen-discussion/30121-snakeskin-green.html
In your narrow purview, perhaps, but I can absolutely guarantee you that, were they given a choice between which color car they'd rather own and drive, the OP's green, or your "electric" green, 95% of Americans would choose the former over the latter; as clearly evidenced by the poor sales of the "Citrus" offering, in the years following the Insight's initial debut.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
In your narrow purview, perhaps, but I can absolutely guarantee you that, were they given a choice between which color car they'd rather own and drive, the OP's green, or your "electric" green, 95% of Americans would choose the former over the latter; as clearly evidenced by the poor sales of the "Citrus" offering, in the years following the Insight's initial debut.
Well of course. 90% of all cars on the road are greyscale or red/blue. Less than 3% are green. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_colour_popularity) Nobody buys green cars anyway, it's no wonder the citrus didn't sell well for an already niche car.

It's just my opinion, though, which is what this thread is about. I think that green doesn't look good, but I'm not insulting anybody who does like it.

Edit: I just realized it might have looked like I was replying to you and contradicting you saying it looked good, but that wasn't my intention. I was responding to the original post.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
British racers would like a word with you... :rolleyes:

Although a green Insight (a visual pun if there ever was one) wouldn't be horrible, I don't know if I would ever own a green car again (my '86 Subaru GLX was light green, and My Beloved went out and bought herself a very dark-green Saturn SW2 wagon in the late '90s). I'm more a red kind of guy... :D

·
Registered
556 Posts
There is a yellow 1998 Honda Insight on Facebook marketplace

The seller is a zombie that can’t be askedbasic questions without freaking out

·
Registered
497 Posts
Wow.......

1 - 20 of 22 Posts