Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After my recent IMA failure - code P0A7F on my 2005 Insight CVT I've been doing a lot of research and wanted to share information I've learned with everyone here.

Hybrid Automotive - good info on grid charges, etc.
https://hybridautomotive.com/faq. I am considering trying this before investing $$ in a new IMA.

Many already know about Bumblebee Batteries (near Portland, OR), but I also wanted to mention one I found out about from a company that installs Bumblebee batteries. The person I talked to said they highly recommend GreenTech Auto batteries out of Seattle.

The cool thing with GreenTech Auto is they have mobile installers across the country and install the new IMA for free. I'm likely going to use them since I'm 20 miles east of Seattle. Their prices are a bit less than Bumblebee and have the same 3-year warranty.

It's great to see more and more companies getting into this market.

Original Paperwork
And since I'm apparently one of the few remaining original owners of G1 Insight, I went through my car receipts and found the window sticker from when I bought it from South Bay Honda, Los Gatos CA in July 2005. Also a dealer brochure (front & back) I picked up at the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. Did you buy a new battery for your Honda? I have a 2010 Insight and the P0A7F code popped up. I'm east of the mountains and have a Honda mechanic I sort of trust. He's done work on the '87 crx I used to own. I'm trying to get versed in this hybrid business before I bring the car to the mechanic. I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into.

Greg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I bought the GreenTech Auto battery I mentioned in the post. So far it's great (over a year) though I don't drive the car nearly as much as I used to. I've been working mostly remote so don't commute much. It's 2005 with 178,600 miles on it. Unless this mechanic has worked on hybrids I'd be leery. Many are not properly trained in the safety procedures needed to replace the battery. Greentech does mobile installs so they'd come to you if you can't get the car to Seattle (they're not in Seattle, but about 40 minutes south).

Also, you can watch their very detailed video on how to do it yourself. They'd ship the battery to you (after a core deposit) and you return the dead one in the same box.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, I bought the GreenTech Auto battery I mentioned in the post. So far it's great (over a year) though I don't drive the car nearly as much as I used to. I've been working mostly remote so don't commute much. It's 2005 with 178,600 miles on it. Unless this mechanic has worked on hybrids I'd be leery. Many are not properly trained in the safety procedures needed to replace the battery. Greentech does mobile installs so they'd come to you if you can't get the car to Seattle (they're not in Seattle, but about 40 minutes south).

Also, you can watch their very detailed video on how to do it yourself. They'd ship the battery to you (after a core deposit) and you return the dead one in the same box.
Once the weather warmed above 35 or so the icon shut off and hasn't been on since. I think this car does not like the bitter cold. Neither do I :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts