Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all--

I'm seriously looking into buying the 2019 EX, but after a test drive I'm concerned about the low ground clearance. The front end seems to scrape when pulling into and out of driveways.

Does anyone else experience this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I haven't had a problem, but I'll agree the front end of the car is sporty and I am always careful when parking forward into a curb.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes! My car scrapes whenever I pull out of a driveway with a med to high curb. I've learned to go pretty slow and also it sometimes scrapes the wheel blocks on parking stalls.

Lon

·
Registered
11 Posts
The scraping isn't causing any harm - it's the two flaps for the front wheels that's scraping. My parking spot for where I live is slightly inclined, so those concrete bumps scrape everyday on it.

It's plastic, so it should be replaceable. No paint, bumper, etc, is being hit or scraped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The scraping isn't causing any harm - it's the two flaps for the front wheels that's scraping. My parking spot for where I live is slightly inclined, so those concrete bumps scrape everyday on it.

It's plastic, so it should be replaceable. No paint, bumper, etc, is being hit or scraped.
Thank you for this. I feel much better about this. Still, this is poor design.

·
Super Moderator
6,875 Posts
While the scraping hasn't harmed anything, it is poor practice to pull up to parking curbs. The car is short enough that one can avoid touching the curbs. You never know when you will encounter a taller curb which might do damage.

Pulling up to curbs in a Gen 1 can be a disaster. If the strakes hook over the curb, backing away can brake fastners and pull the entire front end loose. Gen 3 not the same of course, but damage is probably possible in some unforseen situation.

JMHO;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh yikes, that's nuts. I haven't had that happen to me, so it has never occured to me.

This clearance is pretty much the same as my '14 Mazda 3 that I traded in for, so I'm used to low cars and have good practice to do it.

Always avoid if you can! I just can't for mines cause I need to pull all the way in my parking spot at home :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Definitely happens to me -- I try to avoid parking space blocks and when I enter my development (the street is a tad lower than the driveway) it can "scrape." I try to go very slow -- but the traffic light is quick so it is a bit of an issue...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts