Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yepp, our beloved "silver streaker", "delta flyer", " no. 166"..... has a small cameo-role in the movie "The Day After Tomorrow". The main character, the scientist, drives a green (!) Insight in a short sequence of the film.

This is the FIRST blockbuster-movie to feature the Honda Insight, I pressume :shock:

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Cool! Now I have to see the movie and cheer like a fool. :oops: What could be more appropriate car for a futuristic movie than a car that is 15 years ahead of its time? :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
mean girls

a red insight had a cameo appearence on the movie "mean girls". the parents of the main teen character dives a red insight.

about a teen girl is new to high school school. she tries to fit in, but finds her self torn between several teen "clicks".

·
Registered
90 Posts
The director of The Day After Tomorrow has actually become pretty enviro-friendly, I learned from an interview I saw on TV last night. He's on a waiting list to buy a hybrid (not sure which one) in LA. Sadly they said the wait time is about 1.5 years.

It was great to hear the director of a major Hollywood film promoting hybrids and enviro-friendly initiatives, like http://www.futureforests.com

Ron

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mike Dabrowski 2000 said:
Did anyone notice the sound effects that they used when Dennis Quaid turned off the Insight? I could swear that it sounded like a turbine winding down, rather than the almost silent IMA/3 banger.
:D
Mike
In the dubbed German version there was absolute silence coming from the engine. As it should be. :)

·
Registered
804 Posts
Mike Dabrowski 2000 said:
Did anyone notice the sound effects that they used when Dennis Quaid turned off the Insight? I could swear that it sounded like a turbine winding down, rather than the almost silent IMA/3 banger.
:D
Mike
The sound I want for the redlining in the Insight is the overwhelming transmission whine when the Enterprise of the original Star Trek series is pushing Warp 10. :D

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Just so long as the dash doesn't emit sparks, smoke, and flames every time you go over a speed bump. What the hell happened in the future... did someone forget about surge protectors and fuses?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Chiming in with two other Insight sightings in feature films. In "Dicke Roberts" Rob Reiner drives a silver one with tinted windows, and in "The Girl Next Door" there's one parked in the background near the end.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
There are two Insights right at the end of the movie "Watchmen". A red one gets passed by a silver one. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.