Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I’m trying to get my Insight back on the road. It’s been parked for a month since the tags ran out and I haven’t had time from work to try and fix it till today.

It’s had a 1648 code for a while. I had the BCM unplugged so the 12v battery would charge. I’m almost certain the 144v battery is shot.

My hope was that plugging the BCM back up would get rid of the 1648 code. Well it did... and now a new code has taken its place.

I’m going to do more research on the possible causes of this code later tonight, but if any guru can provide some INSIGHT, it would be much appreciated!

Im located in NC and from what I can remember, a car can pass inspection with one code. If you know that it’ll pass as is, pass the word along and you’ll be a savior!

If y’all need any more information, let me know and I’ll provide all I can.

Thank you!

·
Registered
7,306 Posts
The 1648 I believe is what you get when you unplug your BCM, a communication problem. The 1568 (there's 3 possible sub-codes) might also be due to having it unplugged, or if you didn't get it plugged back in correctly, I think. The 1568 are faults for the PTC temp circuit, 4 thermistors, or the voltage taps... So, maybe check that you got your BCM plugged-in correctly, and then if the code/s persist, try resetting the computers by pulling the underdash #18 fuse or the battery 12V neg. Probably the 12V neg cable would be best, as I think that does the broadest reset, including the ECM.

When you go to start the car, the BATT gauge should be at zero bars and, depending on your pack voltage, will either start off the 12V starter or the IMA and will then try to charge the pack... If you have your IMA compartment open, you should probably check your tap voltages. If they're even and at least about 14.4V, continue to try to get the car going as normal. If they're way imbalanced you'll likely have to resort to other means, such as at minimum 'grid charging', to get the IMA going...

Here's an image that should help you check tap voltages should you decide to do so. You'd back-probe the terminals at connector C - stick your voltmeter probes in the back of the connector (leave it plugged-in) in the pattern illustrated in the graphic:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the BCM today and one plug was not all the way in. Got it in and the check engine light went off for a minute!

Then a new code popped up - P1576

There are no chewed wires or anything else unplugged. I’m beginning to think I should resort to using NC’s waiver clause to get it back on the road lol

·
Registered
7,306 Posts
^ I don't know the specifics with that code (3 possible sub codes), it has to do with the voltage the motor drive module is seeing versus the pack voltage - something like that. You should probably at least check your total pack voltage, if not the taps, and report back. It seems like that's a code people can get when their packs are wonky...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts