21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Not "dents" but "dimples."

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you haven't figured out the rear hatch. I saw one on eBay in Fairfield Indiana for $250. Seems like a decent parts car if you can message the seller. Good luck!

·
Registered
944 Posts
I have seen comments about letting insurance total the car out, but I found another option. My son's Insight got clobbered in the back at a stoplight. Insurance adjuster was adamant about totaling it out and letting him buy it back. I talked calmly with the adjuster for a while and then asked if I could talk to his manager, which I did. Bottom line is instead of $2800 and total it, we got $2600 and kept the title intact. It took about two months to fix it, but it looks like new again.

Just my 0.02 worth,
Tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
2 1/2 inch hail pounded my place for 12 minutes. My 2002 Insight took a beating. Windshield shattered , rear hatch window destroyed, front fenders have holes View attachment 97301
View attachment 97300

from hail, all trim is damaged and of course whole car has hundreds of dents.
Here's my question, should I attempt repair (rear hatch glass seems to be impossible to find) or part it out so other Insights may live on.
Car has always been a reliable vehicle, 178,000 miles, battery pack has 85% + capacity, and everything works.
Your input would be appreciated
WGH
I have a red insight that is intact and available if you are looking to purchase. It is also a first gen, but the battery pack is not working right now. I just don't drive this car anymore since I went fully electric with a 2019 Hyundai Kona EV. LMK
2 1/2 inch hail pounded my place for 12 minutes. My 2002 Insight took a beating. Windshield shattered , rear hatch window destroyed, front fenders have holes View attachment 97301
View attachment 97300

from hail, all trim is damaged and of course whole car has hundreds of dents.
Here's my question, should I attempt repair (rear hatch glass seems to be impossible to find) or part it out so other Insights may live on.
Car has always been a reliable vehicle, 178,000 miles, battery pack has 85% + capacity, and everything works.
Your input would be appreciated
WGH
I have a red gen 1 intact that is available for purchase with about 140,000 miles on it that I don't drive anymore since I upgraded to a 2019 Hyundai Kona EV. The battery pack is not working but it was a year ago and I am looking to get it out of my garage. LMK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Milwaukee Wisconsin. It is the same year and color of the Hail damaged car from this thread, 2000. She needs an owner that is going to drive her and get the battery pack issue taken care of. I just chose to upgrade to an electric and that is where I used my money.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sad to see the car in such a state. I've seen hail a few times fall heavy enough to cover the ground like a blanket of snow, but we don't often get hail stones big enough to cause damage in the UK. Having said that, our caravan has quite a few dents in the roof - the previous owners kept it in a caravan storage yard for a while and dozens of 'vans parked there got damaged in a hail storm.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts