Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a letter from American Honda titled:

Product update and warranty extension: IMA battery system

Its official. Honda was genorous enough to offer BCM/MCM replacement (for free) and extension of the IMA warranty to 10 yrs 150K miles.

Not that I have been experiencing problems with the battery in my 135,000 mile, 2000 5spd insight but it sure is comforting to know that Honda is standing behind it.

For those of you whom already paid for IMA system repairs, you may be inline for a reimbusement. Check with American Honda for details.

I'm going to get my BCM/MCM replaced now. I'm really excited. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Curious

Okay, so we're all most definately happy about the increased support for the IMA function. This now raises my curiousity... My IMA light came on about 1-2 months ago (college student don't have the funds for the repair immediately). For the duration of the 2 months it remained that it was showing a full charge and then about 2 days ago dropped down to only one bar (IMA light remaining on the whole time). Now since this occured before the replacement of the BCM/MCM and that would effect my battery life (in a perfect world) would anyone agree to assuming that Honda should replace the full battery as well as the BCM/MCM due to the update after the fact of battery being replaced? Not very realistic but just curious to get a 2nd/3rd/etc. opinion.
2000 Silver 5spd.
135k Miles

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Since you in the right place to qualify for the IMA warranty extension (TX) and your a 2000 model it also falls under SB 04-028 for the updated controllers too. So once you get the IMA battery code of death according to the IMA warranty extension then I'd say your up for all three :!:

But since I'm not the one potentially paying the bill its just my opinion.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Curious

They should cover you dude, did you get your letter?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got the letter, too.

Excellent! I just got my letter last week (I'm in the Bay Area, California).
I probably don't have to worry about a long line of people trying to get
the update done at the dealership, given how few Insights I see around here.

:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: Curious

abriss said:
Okay, so we're all most definately happy about the increased support for the IMA function. This now raises my curiousity... My IMA light came on about 1-2 months ago (college student don't have the funds for the repair immediately). For the duration of the 2 months it remained that it was showing a full charge and then about 2 days ago dropped down to only one bar (IMA light remaining on the whole time). Now since this occured before the replacement of the BCM/MCM and that would effect my battery life (in a perfect world) would anyone agree to assuming that Honda should replace the full battery as well as the BCM/MCM due to the update after the fact of battery being replaced? Not very realistic but just curious to get a 2nd/3rd/etc. opinion.
2000 Silver 5spd.
135k Miles
Did you even have anything checked out as to why? There are other things that can cause the IMA code to appear. If it is the battery when ever it failed is of no matter, if it's under the new warantee limits it's ok.

·
Registered
476 Posts
covered

bought mine from a junkyard at 120k

1 - 8 of 8 Posts