Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Gen1 honda insight. My hand break keeps popping up, after release. How can I fix that? It's more a major annoyance than an actual problem.

The bouncing is more the effect of what happens after I release the break. I release the hand brake then it won't stay down. The hand break literally bounces back up a little bit, causing the break light to come on. I don't see it affecting my driving, but like I said, this is more of an annoyance.

Also, semi-related: is it normal that the hood release won't actually release at times?? I tried to open my hood/bonnet this evening and I couldn't get the darn thing to pop! My other half was busy and I didn't want to bother him. But just seems odd. That's all!

Thank you! :D

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
try adjusting the cable nut behind the e-brake. it sounds like yours just has too much slack. it's under the cover, the cover is only held on by a few push clips.

·
Linsight Designer
1,973 Posts
Definitely a loose ebrake bolt. Remove two phillips screws on either side of the plastic trim, then tighten the bolt with a 10 mm socket. FYI: This is part of the 105k service interval, but is nearly never actually checked. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
....Also, semi-related: is it normal that the hood release won't actually release at times?? I tried to open my hood/bonnet this evening and I couldn't get the darn thing to pop!
This may or may not be the issue, but you do need to push the handle back in manually in order to be able to unlatch/open the bonnet. I think when one pulls the release handle the bonnet does 'pop', but unless you manually push the handle back in you won't be able to open it once you go to the front of the car and try to release the latch...

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
^FYI, what I said isn't right. If you don't push the handle back in, then you can't close the hood. It doesn't affect opening it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts