Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 M/T Honda Insight
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong section or it's been discussed earlier (searched IC but couldn't find anything on this topic). Here's a little background on my baby. I'm currently running PrecisionLED Kepler Series bulbs in the headlights of my '01 MT, which perform awesome for what they're worth. However, I would ultimately like to do a custom LED projector retrofit, and by 'custom' I mean everything from redesigning the entire headlight inside out to programming a custom turn signal sequence for DRL strips (or planks). As far as LED projectors are concerned, I thought of possibly retrofitting a set of jewel eyes from a TLX or similar (I know people have used Morimoto and Profile bi-LED modules but I'm going for an entirely different look than what has already been achieved on these cars). It's been done on RSX's, Civics, Accords, and s2000's but AFAIK, not on any generation of Insights. My biggest question though is, has anyone here ever attempted retrofitting TLX jewel eyes into Gen 1 headlights? If so, what did you have to modify (cut, add on, etc.) and how did you aim them afterwards? Big thanks to everyone in advance!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts