Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to drive about 3 hours each way this weekend to pickup a Minimoto Honda Electric Pocket Bike that's about 4 feet long and am wondering if anyone has put one of these things or something similar in the hatch area.

I would love to pick it up in my Insight rather than making the trip in the gas hog minivan.

TIA,

Bill

·
Premium Member
2,894 Posts
4 feet long may fit... what are the other demensions.. width.. height???

G

·
0 Posts
Fit a pretty large TV in mine. Salesperson crapped his pants when we dragged the unit out of there.... had to take it out of the box.

your #1 problem will be the handlebars they probably won't fit when the hatchback is put down

#2 problem is if the bike is 'wet' already you wont want liquids leaking all over your bike and into the car

I would say the only way the bike would fit would be... front first laying on its right side.

1) move the seat all the way up or remove the passenger seat entirely
2) take the handlbars off (even if it technically fits... getting it in there on its side is going to be beeeeaaatch)
3) potentially take off the front wheel (im seeing that hitting the drivers seat)

the minivan sound better yet?

·
Registered
323 Posts
We had a very large parcel that suprisingly did not fit in the Civic's trunk. We put it in the Insight and then tied down the hatchback which could not fully close all the way. If you heavily secure the bike and then tie down the hatchback, it should work. Not sure you want to drive very far like that though.
Keep us posted!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts