Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put foglights on their Insight? I am looking to put lights like the one in this blue Insight picture.

http://www.micro-fault.com/filedrop/ins ... covers.jpg

But I haven't been able to find anything like it. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before anywhere, or does anyone know a place that makes custom lights? Any input is be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
foglights

Snow,

you can only get those lights from Photoshop. Sorry.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Consider that on some vehicles, the Insight headlights would be foglights! :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
I know the pic has been digitally manipulated, but it's possible those fog lights had some real-world inspiration. Maybe time to start watching cars around you and see if any seem to have something close.

Sure wish I knew who the author or that pic was...It'd be nice to see what all had changed and where they drew the inspriation.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I think those lights are from an Accord.

The Civic Si has a foglight kit that might fit on the Insight, but it would take some McGuivering to get them to fit.

It would be easy to add a pair of off the shelf foglights to the Insight. Maybe Piaa's or Hella.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Fog / driving lights

I put a pair of ultra thin driving lights between the hood and the top of the bumper. Was a rather easy installation that is aerodynamic, looks cool, & practically invisible when off.

I'm ready for when the low beams burn out.

·
Registered
119 Posts
So Arsenic, did you get those lights installed? Got pix?

Anybody else got photos of their fog light installs?

·
Registered
162 Posts
You CAN put foglights on your Insight, I have seen someone who has them in my area. Well actually it is that lady who lives down the street from me who owns that Green Insight, her's are nothing like the ones from the link, the ones she has are round cirles that are attacthed to the front bumper at the bottom. I would take some pics of her's for you all, but she would probably tell me No, as she probably wouldn't want pics of her car on the net.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I'm new here and would like to know how the story ended (if it did...) Has anyone now foglights (of which kind ever) on his Insiht and is able to deliver some pics? :?: :wink:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I still have not done it yet. But I discovered that a set of new PIAA driving lights I've had in my garage for years would work great on the Insight. I found that the car has a nice flat metal bumper beam just behind and above the lower grille -- perfect for mounting lights. And the set I have would work great there. It's just that I want fog lights and not driving lights! Anybody wanna buy these off me?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts