Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife 2014 has almost 100K and was thinking about replacing them myself rather than the dealer. Is this something thats easy to do for a non-mechanic? I did replace my daughters plugs in her 2010 civic which was fairly easy but don't see anything written on you tube.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
We have a handy, dandy thread on this down in the technical section for this generation:

8 pages including videos! Please be aware that the plugs are quite expensive and there are 8 of them. Beware of killer deals, there are fakes out there. Use a reputable source. Amazon & EBay are not reputable sources. Check out Rock Auto or one of the dealer sites that sell online.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ok so here’s what you do.

Honda does not make the spark plugs, NGK does. Only use NGK in Japanese vehicles.

Use a Honda Estore such as hondapartsdirect to determine your part number.

Chances are that the first set of replacements will be the “A” version, second replacements “b” and then at 300K mikes “c”.

You are always welcomed to call a dealer and ask for “price and availability” just like that, to get some pro help with your VIN. They will tell you which plug to get.

Then, use the google machine to find the best price on that NGK part number.

FYI: NGK makes the O2 sensors, too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts