Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered one for my 2022 civic insight , this car is great all around but I’m hoping to get a little more kick with this filter , I know it won’t be much so don’t drag me

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Welcome. Looking forward to hearing about your 2022! On the filter, I would return it. An improvement in power is doubtful. Here are some tests that discuss the amount of dirt passing through the filter and entering your cylinders.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok I had them on all my cars , no issues . I actually found someone on this forum talking about How they liked their k&n filter and noticed a pick up in Acceleration So thanks I’ll be deleting this post that’s the thing about these filters a lot of people just don’t like them but I have never had any issues they have been proven to get more power

·
Registered
129 Posts
I dont think you have the ability to delete posts, but welcome regardless! I love K&N's....only when they are maintained properly. If you want a maintenance free air filter, stick with OE honda. K&N's are not maintenance free and everyone thinks they are. You have to clean and oil them fairly religiously for them to work properly, and no one does. So i generally dont like seeing them. If you do install one, id say the power gains are so minimal you wouldnt even know the difference. The only thing you gain from a properly oiled K&N is oil residue in your intake tube and a potentially louder noise from your airbox.

Ill be the first to say it, why are you trying to go faster in a hybrid? :ROFLMAO: Theyre slow for a reason!

Hope you enjoy it here. We all joke but we love all hybrids. Theres good information on this sight! Good people too!

·
Super Moderator
9,251 Posts
I tested one once on a BMW mild racing engine on an engine dyno - capable of detecting fractional horsepower changes. I could detect no gain over the stock paper filter. I wound up running no filter because that gave a slight gain, and ring wear wasn't paramount.

·
Super Moderator
5,419 Posts
Your car is powered by the electric motor. All the gas engine does is charge the battery. It won't know the K&N is there.

Sam

·
Registered
2001 Insight 5-spd
31 Posts
I used to run K&N filters on my vehicles for the performance benefits, but I switched back to paper-style filters for the following reasons.

1) A paper filter does a better job removing small particles than an oiled filter
2) When an oiled filter gets "full" it stops filtering and lets dust into the engine. A paper filter will still work, just poorly.

Research article on K&N performance improvement: article

Page on dust capture efficiency of various filters: page

1 - 7 of 7 Posts