Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've read quite a bit on this forum and was hoping to briefly gather this information together from all of you who have had to had their IMA battery replaced.

Please note year of Insight, approx. date, mileage and cost.

Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
60 000km in january 2002 from a insight 2000(received on november 2000) cost 0$(waranty)

electrical mote 100 000km april 2003 cost 0$ waranty...both repaire took 2 month to be done due to the Back order of all insight parts in canada

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm having the IMA replaced under warranty, it's already in shipping, supposed to have it at the dealer by 10Sep04. They are giving me a rental car too, but they said this is the first IMA that they will be replacing. Should I be concerned?? btw.. 2000 Insight 5-speed, appx 63K miles and I have been having problems with the IMA randomly discharging for about 6 months now, most frequently on longer drives when the IMA reaches a full charge it will just suddenly drop to zero charge even when not using any assist. A Honda mechanic called Honda Tech-line and they said they have never heard of that before, they told us to pull a fuse for the IMA and rev engine over 3K rpm to a full IMA charge, put the fuse back and accelerate full throttle in a high gear from below 25 mph.... we noticed that it only gave appx 3/4 assist even with the fully charged IMA, and regen. braking only went about 1/4 even after downshifting and lightly touching the brake. After that, the mechanic got his insight, just like mine except his was '02, he had a full charge already, drove it the same way and he got full assist under full throttle, and full regen braking even though it was fully charged IMA, So they are just replacing it for me. Should be exciting....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts