Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My hazard flasher indicater light (telltale) doesn't work anymore though I have allready changed the bulp that is build in in the switch. The hazard flasher itself, the direction indicators and the green, arrow shaped direction indicator control lamps in the dashboard work well. However, when I switch the hazard flasher on, there is no current on the white wire that goes to the hazard flasher control bulp.
Anyone has allready had this and knows what the problem is? Could it be the flasher relay? If yes, where is it build in?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem... The bulb operates when the lights are switched on, but does not flash when the hazard warning light switch is depressed.

Has anyone seen this problem before please? Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
Far as I can tell the flasher relay is made into the dash. Id love to see the back side and connector to confirm.

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
OK, flasher made into fuse block aka MICU box under dash. Check fuses 1 22 23 60. Sometimes a bad ground causes problems or a bad mirror led indicator if equipped.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fuses are all ok. I suppose it's the flasher. Havent seen where it is however. Doesn't the Insight 2nd Generation have a central control unit for the flasher?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are bases for 2 bulps built-in in the switch: one is for illumination when the light is on (works in your case) and the other is for the telltale of the hazard flasher. In my european Insight 2nd G, only the telltale bulp is installed (14 V, 60 mA). The illumination base is empty (no bulp, no wiring).

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
Yes, the MICU is the fuse block according to the book and also the blinker relay. Maybe if you unscrew it and look on the other side?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, the flasher is certainly quite expensive. I will see my Honda dealer in one months’ time and then first ask before I take it upon myself to unscrew the fuse block. Apart from the telltale, everything works perfectly well, that’s why I don’t think there is only a bad contact.

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
At least its stuck in the on position. If its too expensive you could always wire a generic bi-metal flasher in series to blink the turns for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am afraid there is no separate flasher relay (and now base for it). Nowadays, flashing is directly made by the central control unit which costs more than 1500 €. I’ll check with my Honda Dealer when I’ll see him in one months’ time. If it turns out to be true, I’ll tinkering a little bit, getting some separate und cheap adjustable flasher for a small lamp in an electronics shop which I’ll connect to the wire of the hazard flasher switch that gets power when the switch is depressed. This flasher can activate the telltale then. Whatever solution I’ll find, I’ll post it onto the forum in a little while.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the same problem... The bulb operates when the lights are switched on, but does not flash when the hazard warning light switch is depressed.

Has anyone seen this problem before please? Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.
My I ask you wether you still have the original radio (no aftermarket device monted)?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The solution was very simple at the end. Neither the US nor the european Insight 2nd G original hazard warning light switch does flash when the switch is depressed. There is no telltale in the original switch. Only the 2 arrow-shaped green telltales in the dashboard must flash (left and right arrow together) when the hazard lights are on. However, my car doesn't have a original radio console and is therefore also equipped with a different, not original hazard warning switch, which is why I was mistaken (Sorry for the false alarm, I bought my car second-hand, didn't know the original switch).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts