Honda Insight Forum banner
161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 · (Edited)
I need to gather my thoughts and make a good plan here.
First I will start with the modules containing sick cells. And parallel I will recondition the spare cells I have for potential replacements. At the end I can compare them and find matches.
I will do a deep discharge on the cell level and then cycles per module. Then I will let them rest for 3 days and check self discharge, while I go on reconditioning the healthy modules.
If necessary I can do a 2nd deep discharge of only the sick cells and extra cycles. Let's see. This is going to take some time.

For the first discharge step to 1V I group healthy cells.
Sick cells I do individually.
The deep discharge will be on the cell level.
Then I will do 1 cycle per module.
Then 3 cycles for every sick cell individually.
Then 1 more cycle the whole module.
3 days rest and check self discharge of cells.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 · (Edited)
Honestly I don't know what I was thinking the last time. The pack had the IMA light on and I did not check at the cell level. Stupid.
I was being lazy I guess. Easy to say on hindsight. Moving on.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number

This is the capacity discharged below the 1V level.
In combination with the previous table we see that most of the sick cells were still holding quite some amount of charge. Plus now after this step all the cells are perfectly balanced.
So, I would say that the number of suspects is now down to 4. Perhaps 3. I have done now extra cycles the 4 suspects individually and an extra deep discharge down to 0,1V.
I am curious about cell 9.10. It was completely empty. The cell that worries me the most is 7.10. It was holding very little charge and had an RV of 1,2V. That one is the most suspicious.
I am now cycling the other subpacks. In a couple of days I will have results about the self discharge of the suspects.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 · (Edited)
Font Pattern Number Parallel Screenshot

It is now 2 days after the final charge following the reconditioning. This is the RV of the cells. Cell 10 in all 3 subpacks show a slightly higher self discharge.
I would say that it is not dramatic. There is no dead cell, or the difference would be higher.
I think I can cycle those cells 1 more time and it should be ok. I am very happy that most likely I will not have to replace any cell.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
The reconditioning is done. As good as can be.
Honestly I have no idea how long those suspect cells will last. We will see. If my friend gets an IMA light in the short term, at least I know which cells need to be replaced.

Note to self:
Prime suspects: 1.10, 7.10, 9.10
Secondary suspects: 1.1, 7.5

161 - 168 of 168 Posts