Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
October 2020 I ordered a BeeMax battery from Bumblebee batteries, and had to wait 2 months for one to ship. Understandable as that was the start of continuing supply issues. I wish this was the end of my post, but almost exactly a year later my battery pack started throwing trouble codes indicating my battery health was down. I sent in a warranty request and they told me 30-60 days until one would be ready and shipped. Understandable. It is now 6 months later, and I have received no reliable word about when my battery will be here, and any information I have gotten I have had to email. When my emails weren't being answered I started calling. A week and a half ago I called and they said it would be completed soon (implied within the week) and I would be sent mailing info. I have received no word from them since.

I can understand all the delays, the global shortage of supplies and workers is very well known, but my largest issue has been the fact that I have had to reach out for the relevant info myself. In my most recent call I was told their battery builder was out with covid for a few weeks. Even just an email stating "Sorry, but our builder will be out with Covid" would be acceptable, but nothing of the sort has been sent out. Every delay has been a mystery with an unknown reason and amount of time being added onto my order. Any sort of communication would better than their current system.

Their batteries also seem still be available to order with no warning of this back up. If I ordered a battery today and I was told I wasn't going to get it for at least 6 months I would demand a refund, so it seems unfair that there is no warning of this on their website. As this is a warranty battery I have no choice but to wait, but if I was buying a new battery I would definitely choose another company.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The same thing happened to me, they took over a freaking year to send me the replacement battery and it arrived a week after the Insightfest that I wanted to install at.

This was before COVID.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The same thing happened to me, they took over freaking year to send me the replacement battery and it arrived a week after the Insightfest that I wanted to install at.

This was before COVID.
This doesn't bode well. I called again recently and the receptionist told me they'll pass what I said onto the builder. I have had a vacation planned for a year now, and not having this battery is putting a stick in my spokes since my car is the main transportation. Maybe leaving a complaint on their better business bureau page will expedite things...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts