·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone know if the head units have amp’s installed? I checked out a couple of them and none state the build in amplifiers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
I replaced mine with a very similar android 9 unit and totally love it. Only concern will be that the link shows a 1GB RAM unit which in my opinion is going to be a bit laggy especially over time. Try to go for at least a 2GB RAM. Ideally 4GB would be amazing for a little more $$ but up to you.

My car is a Jap import so everything was in Japanese so was a no brainer to replace it. It also came with harness and wiring which will be compatible with the steering wheel column except I didn't have steering wheel controls in the first place, so the point is, if you have steering wheel control buttons, make sure you ask for the correct wiring so you know it will be 100% compatible.

Small investment but great return in my opinion! My unit has a built in Amplifier in it and sounds much better than the factory unit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I replaced mine with a very similar android 9 unit and totally love it. Only concern will be that the link shows a 1GB RAM unit which in my opinion is going to be a bit laggy especially over time. Try to go for at least a 2GB RAM. Ideally 4GB would be amazing for a little more $$ but up to you.

My car is a Jap import so everything was in Japanese so was a no brainer to replace it. It also came with harness and wiring which will be compatible with the steering wheel column except I didn't have steering wheel controls in the first place, so the point is, if you have steering wheel control buttons, make sure you ask for the correct wiring so you know it will be 100% compatible.

Small investment but great return in my opinion! My unit has a built in Amplifier in it and sounds much better than the factory unit.
Can you post a pic of your android head unit? Im planning to change mine, but not at the moment, since I don't want to lose the factory rear view camera [much more accurate], even thou I have 3 rear camera lol.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'll do it in the morning but in my car there was no way a 10yr old rear view camera to have better quality than a rear view camera you can buy today.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If that is a 360deg camera on your dash, that's way cooler! I believe if you remove the head unit and replace with an Android one compatible with Honda, all you gotta do is get a camera with good quality and accuracy and mount is exactly where the factory one is located.

Factory head unit sound quality is abysmal to be honest and I thought I needed new speakers but since replacing the head unit, the sounds improved considerably. It's like I suddenly installed speakers with higher RMS/watts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts