Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
10,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UK G1 Cars have electrical 4 position headlight beam level adjusters.
Not sure if they were fitted on other countries cars.
Maybe a UK/EU thing.

This video shows the setup..

Sadly I don't have a huge stock on hand to ship around the world.. :(

You would need the wiring harness and the switch from inside the car as well to add the modification.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is the adjuster wiring harness simply an additional increment of wiring to add onto the stock US wiring harness, or a replacement of stock?

·
Administrator
10,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No idea about the wiring on US cars,.

However I did find out today the electrical mechanism is not simple to remove from headlights.
It seems to need the lens removing to detach from the inside, but i will do some more investigating.
I also did not find any useable spare units over here in the UK when visiting my insight friend. :(

So it looks like you would have to buy complete new UK headlights to get these units for use in US cars.
Note they are also missing one of the four bulbs you have fitted in your US headlight units.

·
Learner
351 Posts
Rest assured, USDM cars do not have wiring for the adjusters.

The cutoff will be backward, because the UK/JDM cars drive on the other sides of the road.

USDM headlights have a total of four bulbs inside. UK headlight assemblies only have three. The missing bulb is the amber side-marker light...It is integrated separately on the fender.

·
Registered
278 Posts
They look very similar to the setup on an EK ('96-'99) civic, are you sure the whole black assembly doesn't rotate about 30 degrees and pull out from the back (similar to the indicator lamp housings, likely to be stiff as hell with age though).

·
Administrator
10,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does turn and pull out, but only partly, you don't seem to be able to get it off the adjuster. that goes into the headlight.
Maybe YT will have the answer.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I recall the civic ones being the same, I can't remember how they come out though, and I'm fairly sure I've chucked my scrap lamp assembly and adjuster away (The Adjuster has siezed).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts