Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
12,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of UK right hand drive UK specs Insights, I want to travel to france with one of them, but don't want to fall foul of the left hand drive regulations with headlights which dazzle people so.

1) Are all Insight headlamp beam patterns the same? wether right or left hand drive?

2) Does anyone have any info on blanking or masking to prevent dazzle on a UK model.

3) What are the part numbers of rhd and lhd headlights? Are they the same?

Any info would be very welcome. Peter

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
This problem is sort of unique to left-side driving countries, and most of the people here are right-siders. I suggest looking in one of your local car magazines for ads related to this sort of thing...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
The direction of the headlamp beams are adjustable vertically and horizontally.
It depends how yours are adjusted.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
I believe the usual stick-on black triangles will do the job. I believe there are also relatively new rules on French roads that you must carry a warning triangle for break downs plus other bits and bobs. They sell an (expensive) kit at Ferry Terminals which might also be available at your local Halfords etc.

On a UK spec Insight you also have the option of adjusting your headlights (downwards) so they are less likely to catch another motorist eyes (which I have used before). HTH.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts